As a group of psychologists, we are passionately committed to getting the best outcome for children and young people. We work alongside children, families and schools to hear their stories and to empower them to make a difference in their lives. Building relationships and connection is at the heart of everything that we do, whether this be building relationships with a child directly, or building relationships with people around a child to work towards a better outcome.
We offer a gentle and non-intrusive approach and are creative in thinking about ways to work with children so that we can ensure that their voice is heard. Sometimes this is through play, sometimes storytelling or narrative approaches, sometimes through talking and consultation.
We always use a research and evidenced based approach to inform our work. This happens in different ways. We use current psychological evidence to inform our thinking but we also think about what hypotheses we are working towards when engaged in a piece of work. This is constantly evaluated and tweaked as necessary to ensure that we are working in the most effective way possible.
When working with connect to thrive, you can expect to be :
- Fully informed and involved in the assessment process
- Understand clearly the steps of the assessment and what we are trying to achieve at each point
- Empowered to make changes if necessary
- A valuable partner in generating an understanding of what is going on for a child/ young person
- Clear about what success will look like at each step